AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Talking with my brother in law about God
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 2/21/2024 09:12 (#10633314 - in reply to #10631623)
Subject: RE: Talking with my brother in law about God

NW Iowa
Lots of good reading in this post. I can’t add anything theological but I will add a personal experience that affects me to this day. Twenty one years ago our only daughter died from a surgical error during a routine hysterectomy. The surgeon turned out to be unqualified for this surgery. She was the mother of three little girls, 2, 4, and 6 years old. The sight of her lifeless body laying on that table is indelibly etched in my mind. The sight of a tired little girl crying for a mommy who will never rock her again is heartbreaking, just awful heartbreaking. The surgeon eventually took his own life.

Their dad was their rock, he has always been there for them so that is the good side of this story. He did remarry but the new wife ended up being the wicked stepmother so he eventually ditched her. My wife has always been the saint those girls could come to, she nurtured them and helped them through their difficult times, I know god put his presence in her and gave her courage and guidance. The girls spent many, many days at our house getting spiritual nourishment thanks to my wonderful wife.

But because of this great loss I have lost my closeness to god. Why would god allow this to happen? I still go to church I listen to god’s teachings but I just can’t get myself to worship god. God is now like a distant friend I used to be close to but now have strayed away from.

Those three little girls are now 24, 26, and 27, the middle one is through college and married, the other two are through college and have found the men of their lives. I am pretty sure god has guided and helped them become the fine young ladies they are today and I thank god for helping them, but that experience 21 years ago will always be on the back of my mind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)