AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader TurnPath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/6/2024 08:52 (#10653807 - in reply to #10653675)
Subject: Likely related to a setting

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Did your field you were testing this out on have a boundary on the other side of the dooryard? There is a setting to let the monitor know if it needs to turn on an interior boundary.

Yes, there was another portion of the boundary on the other side of the building site. The area that was missing due to the buildings was not an interior boundary. The field just had a single outer boundary that went around the outside of the workable portion of the field. In other words, the building site was not an "island" inside the outer boundary.

You are likely correct. There was a check box choice on one of the screens with a harvesting sequence that mentions something about First Pass or Last Pass. I did change that but I don't know what it is for. This may very well have been what caused the expected orange curve to show as blue and the system did not turn around. Due to my setting, I may have informed the system not to turn around at that boundary but to continue straight across. The blue curve line appeared to be correct had it been allowed to turn around there. I'm curious as to what would have happened if I had continued to another part of the field. I would likely have done that but I didn't have time.

Since our fields are mostly rectangles without any islands of trees or waterways this may never pertain to us. I happened to catch a video of a young man making boundaries of one of his fields. He had at least 5 outer boundaries and maybe some inner boundaries as well. It made me appreciate our rectangular fields with few tree lines and mostly straight boundaries.

I haven't seen many videos or documentation on Turn Path as of yet.

Thanks for the reply.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)