AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader TurnPath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/6/2024 09:25 (#10653855 - in reply to #10653808)
Subject: More findings

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I did find a couple of videos one of which was from Ag Leader. My confusion about seeing a turn path in blue as I encountered the boundary was likely due to the change in the check box I mentioned above. It seem to make sense now. I am referring to the check box on the options screen. The two choices are "First Turn" or "Last Turn".

What this means is that if the current pass would have more than one encounter with the outer boundary when should Turn Path turn you around. Do you want it to turn around on the first encounter (First Turn) or the last encounter (Last Pass). Depending on the situation you may want one or the other. Another way of putting this is when you start a pass and look toward the far end would you cross more than one outer boundary line. If there is only one then there is really no option. If there is more than one, which one do you want Turn Path to turn around On, the first one or the very last one.

This fits my situation yesterday when I was doing some practice test. On some of the passes my building site is a block removed from the field. When the Outer Boundary was created the path was driven around the outside of the field and building site. There was only one exterior boundary which was continuous and no inner boundaries.

When I drove the passes where the buildings were in the way, I wanted Turn Path to turn me around on the first encounter of the outside boundary since I could not drive across due to the buildings. With the option set to First Turn (the default) this would have been done. Later I would need to drive to the other side and do those passes separately.

Lets suppose I had an area that I could drive across to the other side. This might be a waterway. Then I could change the option to Last Turn informing Turn Path to not turn around on the first encounter but wait until the last encounter of the outside boundary. When I encountered the Boundary the first time, a blue turn around indication is shown but the turn around is not invoked. The rig would continue straight ahead to the other side. Finally the rig would encounter the last Boundary and Turn Path would invoke the turn around process.

The reason for my confusion was that I didn't understand this yesterday and had selected Last Turn. The screen showed where the turn would have taken place with the First Turn setting and its shape which was in blue to indicate that it wasn't going to perform the turn.

I don't believe we have any situations where we drive through an area and resume application straight ahead on the other side. In other words, I don't expect to ever use the Last Turn option personally. I can see that it would be handy for situations that had lots of drivable waterways and such. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUSxa2AyXJg

Edited by tedbear 3/6/2024 16:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)