AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader TurnPath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/7/2024 11:40 (#10655564 - in reply to #10655516)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader TurnPath

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
There are several parameters that the operator can adjust to change the shape and start of the turn sequence. If you are interested, I would advise checking out the link to Ag Leader's video I posted above. It would be much easier to visualize the various setting changes than can be made.

When I first setup my 60' implement, it defaulted to one pass on the Headland which I changed. I still felt that the turn would cause our pull-type planter to swing out over the next field. When I changed one of the settings the shape of the turn changed and I felt it was more appropriate. I really couldn't make solid decisions since I didn't have the planter attached. I'm confident that Ag Leader has provided enough parameters that the operator can adjust the turn path as needed.

The system does have a manual "Turn Around Now" button for purposely turning around prior to encountering an Outer Boundary.

We have one field where part of it will be planted North-South, Turn Path should work fine for it. Another part of the same field will be planted East-West. The East end of those passes will butt up against the North-South rows previously planted. Auto swath will work properly since it will cycle the seed and spray sections based on the coverage map.

Since there won't be an Outer Boundary at that point the Turn would not be initiated automatically as it would be in most other situations. The driver can initiate the turn around procedure by using the Turn Around Now button. Obviously the driver could grab the wheel and make the turn manually as we have done prior to Turn Path.

We have a few situations where there are two adjoining fields. Some years a single crop is planted across both fields so it would be best to think of the field as one large field with an outer boundary. Other years, corn is planted in one field and soybeans in the other. Those years it would be best that the fields were separate with each having its own boundary.

The best long term solution might be to have listed both ways, for example Stenzel West, Stenzel East and Stenzel All. Then the operator would pick which whether to choose East, West or all depending on the crop plan. Having a separate boundary for East, West and All might be best. The other approach might be to just have one large field with two separate crops.

Edited by tedbear 3/9/2024 07:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)