AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader TurnPath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/7/2024 08:53 (#10655305 - in reply to #10655214)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader TurnPath

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with your observations. Since my planter is 60', with a 120' headlands the default turn around path was a nice round turn. I felt the default setting would cause the planter to swing out beyond the boundary but maybe not. When I was practicing I was just using the tractor alone. Anyway I changed one of the settings so the turn would not go out quite so far. The result was more of a keyhole type turn. This appeared to be more to my liking. It may take a bit of tweaking to get the turn shape the way we prefer. Since those parameters are saved with the configuration, it should not be necessary to reenter them again.

We use the same planter for soybeans but a different configuration. This means we will likely need to enter in our parameters from the corn experience into the soybean configuration the first time we use it. After that the soybean configuration should contain those same parameters. They could be different for soybeans versus corn but I don't know why they would be.

My great nephew is in the process of making new and up-to-date boundaries. The Steer Command Z2 is continuing to work fine. I'm still not certain why I had the confusion and error messages after I updated the Steering Controller Module after the V 9.2 update on the InCommand. Anyway it seems fine now.

As far as the turn around speed, since we do not have a high speed planter, the indicated maximum turn around speed will not be a problem for planting.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)