AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Walnut trees
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

E.Daehler
Posted 3/10/2024 17:30 (#10660312 - in reply to #10660276)
Subject: RE: Walnut trees

Higginsville, MO
17821x - 3/10/2024 17:04

That was just a straight bid on marked trees with no yield and grade. I didn't see the trees myself but they range from junky saw logs to top quality veneer and everything in between. I myself have about 50 walnuts marked that a logger I trust is going to cut on shares. They will get them cut and in a pile and then get bids from the 3 local mills and one local exporter. I will get 75% and the person doing the cutting and skidding will get 25%.

Thats how our old logger did but 2/3 us 1/3 his share. Dad would never let him cut more that 30 trees. I think he would of been cheaper if dad let him cut more like he wanted to manage the timber better.
This logger that came in said theres 500 to 600 cuttable but was only going to do a 5th of them. I know we have that many. I bet weve lost 200 over last 15 years because dad wouldn't let them get cut. Could of bought a farm if he wouldn't of wasted them. I dont want any more to rot if we can get decent money for them. Hauling cuts into price since we have no local mills, but thats way it is. Just like hauling grain. Thanks for input and hope more will chime in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)