AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Banning TikTok
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/18/2024 22:00 (#10670883 - in reply to #10668438)
Subject: RE: Banning TikTok

Original Greaser Bob - 3/17/2024 10:57

havin’funfarming - 3/16/2024 21:20

You are saying that only your concern is valid.

Can you tell us what critical data the Chinese have accessed through Tic Tok and what have they done with it?

I am not saying that only my concern is valid, I am saying that only my concern is realistic in this case.

The danger of Tic Toc app is that to be used in full, the user has to give the app access to the device's microphone, pics, camera, etc. It probably asks for access to location too, I don't know for sure because I don't use it. It is also widely known that the ChiComs are collecting DNA results on Americans from several of those DNA testing services. Why they are doing it? Who knows. The U.S. government is no doubt doing the same thing. Also wrong, but I feel slightly less creeped out by our own govt doing it over the Chinese.

My only guess is that the Chinese know a future conflict with the U.S. is inevitable. They collect as much info on every person they can, put into a database, and in a future conflict can then use that information against politicians and/or soldiers. Only speculation on my part.

If you don’t have it, you’re speaking from a place of ignorance.

While I don’t use TikTok I did download it and create an account to see what all the fuss was about.

TikTok does not have access to my photos.

TikTok does not have access to my microphone

TikTok does not have access to my camera.

If I want to take photos or videos from my phone and upload them to TikTok, yes, I have to give TikTok access to my photos app just like I have to give FB or X access to my photos app to do the same.

If I want to do a live feed to TikTok then I have to allow TikTok to have access to my microphone and camera just like I would have to do if I wanted to do a live feed to FB or X.

Please tell me the difference.

Honestly I wouldn’t trust FB with those permissions more than I trust TikTok. Why target TikTok over FB?

And most importantly of all, why in the world do you trust the government to make decisions about tools you can and cannot use, news you can and cannot see, etc.

The entire point is the USA in the beginning was limiting the powers of the government. Seems 99% of the population left or right no longer values a limited scope of government.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)