AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader application rate module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ShopTeacher
Posted 3/21/2024 21:03 (#10674486 - in reply to #10674228)
Subject: RE: Agleader application rate module

NW MN

MF3680 - 3/21/2024 17:44 Working on a project to put an application rate module on a litter spreader to map coverage when I apply. I am trying to use a relay in place of an implement switch tied to web solenoid to activate the module. On the 3 pin weatherpack plug out of module I have A,B,C. A has 12 v power. Can anyone help me on how to wire the weatherpack plug? Does the module need input from three wires or just complete the circuit with 2? Or am I way off base with my idea. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

To trigger the implement switch input you need 12v to pin 3 on the AUX port on the module. That 12v can come from any 12v source connected to the same battery that the Ag Leader system is hooked to. If your litter spreader has a switch sends out 12v to that solenoid when the spreader is on, you can run a wire from that circuit to pin 3 on the AUX port and you are set. This is what I do when setting up ground drive air seeders with 12v clutches to map with an Application Rate Module.

Pins 1 and 2 on the AUX port are 12v power. So if you want to use a relay, if your relay creates a connection from 1-3 or 2-3 it will register as an implement switch in the down position.

You asked about the cable. My mind always goes directly to the
point at which an input matters, which is the module pins. That’s why posted the above first. I’m not sure what part number cable you have is. If it is a factory Ag Leader implement switch cable connecting A to B will register as implement down/on, and an open between A and B is implement up/off.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)