AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Biggest single improvement in growing beans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NE Soil Builder
Posted 3/23/2024 10:20 (#10676469 - in reply to #10675351)
Subject: RE: Biggest single improvement in growing beans?

nebraska

DeereMan97 - 3/22/2024 13:36 About to be a repeat of others answers, but: 1)drainage. And not just tile, tile helps but surface drainage is very important also 2) variety, not just what your seed dealer wants to sell you out of his bulk bin, but going through the agronomic side and determining the what’s best for your farm 3) fertility, soybeans love K, but they also need the other nutrients, look into S, P, and N requirements to grow 80 bu/ac soybeans (not to mention micros, that’s a whole other animal) 4) irrigation. Beans don’t like too much water in the vegetative stages, but they get really thristy in the reproductive stages. This is why late rains make beans, they need it for a plethora of reasons at that time. 5) fungicide + insecticide. I’m talking good quality ones also, Revytek, Miravis Neo, etc…. And good insecticide. I’m half convinced that the insecticide may be just as, if not more, important than the fungicide at R2-R3. Don’t be late, you won’t see as big of a return if applied R4 and later. 6) planting date and stand. Having a solid stand of beans up and out of the ground in late April/early May is a good way to have better beans. Beans planted in June can be good also, but you start to short change yourself in regards to sunlight. Early beans get more sunlight = more yield potential. 7) seed treatment and SDS management. Or white mold management if you’re afflicted with that terrible beast is important. Protecting your crop from diseases is big, good seed treatment pays, don’t just overlook something as simple as proper treatment for your conditions Nothing I’m saying is revolutionary, but being consistent and trying new things makes a difference.

Do you take soil tests? Do you know what your soil bacteria to mycorrhizae Is? Do you know why you use cyanide Chloride? Do you know WHAT cyanide does to the soil? producers need to correct all these issues to get good yields from beans or corn, or anything grown, really. Quit relying on the co-op guy who cannot answer these questions. as far as white mold in beans...ask me i can get rid of that easily, but I don't need a bunch of crap from some who think they know all these issues. And, I don't come on here to bash anyone! I am sharing information I have learned that works. Cut your expenses. Remember, its not what ya make, it's what you DON'T spend. No, I am not an environmentalist. I just like to consume healthy foods. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)