AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tornado Super Outbreak of Apriil 3 and 4, 1974
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 4/4/2024 07:20 (#10693110 - in reply to #10692552)
Subject: RE: Tornado Super Outbreak of Apriil 3 and 4, 1974

SWOH
It was 4 years before I was born, but grandpa on my mom’s side was with the Red Cross at the time and was in Xenia immediately after. He never talked about it much, he’d talk a little about it and get choked up and stop. He’d just say he saw some things he wish he hadn’t. Grandpa on my dad’s side took his grain truck over and helped clean up. He didn’t talk much about it either except to say it was a mess and after seeing the destruction he couldn’t believe there weren’t more people dead than what there was. Both grandpa’s are 95 now, so they would’ve been 45 at the time.

I grew up hearing lots of stories about the Xenia tornado. It’s kinda interesting to me that I hear people talk about it all over the country. I know Nixon visited in the weeks after. I know there have been deadlier tornadoes with more destruction since then but why does the Xenia tornado get as much attention as it does? I was always curious. I know there’s a lot of history with it as far as the science and weather aspect of it. I know there’s some really good up close footage of the actual tornado, is it because of that?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)