AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else have a soft spot for horses?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ronm
Posted 4/12/2024 10:20 (#10704133 - in reply to #10703146)
Subject: RE: Anyone else have a soft spot for horses?

Fruita CO
I grew up around horses, on a cattle ranch. Rode not every day, but regularly when there was work to be done with the cows. After we left the ranch my sisters & I each kept a horse. Mine died after a few years & I never wanted another one. My one sister kept hers through 2 generations of colts out of her old mare...the last one died in my barn about 10 years ago. My late wife loved them, finally got 2 old horses given to her by a friend not long before she got cancer...never got to ride them much but they were a comfort to her. One of them died & I had to have the other one put down after my wife passed away...
So, no more horses here, my second wife likes them but has no desire to own one, which is fine with me.
The last one that died in my barn was the day before Christmas Eve, & the whole family came to my house on Christmas Eve...we call it "The Christmas there was a dead horse down in the barn"...never told the kids about it at the time. The dead wagon couldn't come for a few days, so cold weather was a blessing... :/
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)