AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Non vet jailed for doing preg checks...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

beanplanter
Posted 4/19/2024 11:29 (#10712681 - in reply to #10712419)
Subject: RE: Non vet jailed for doing preg checks...

Missouri

Kooiker - 4/19/2024 07:00

I don't disagree with her but the feelings crowd spends money much more freely.     

Most young vets are drawn to the money and not being at risk of getting kicked/smashed by a large animal or having to work in dirty conditions (feedlot or hog barn).

Also, I haven't heard the stats for a couple years now but in the recent past the enrollees in vet school have been heavily female (meaning high % females, not necessarily heavy females).   Now I'm not saying that female vets can't work large animals but in general large animal vet work is mostly dominated by men.

Nearly 20 years ago I sat in a vet class that was 80% female. 

Two of the three vets I use now have females doing the work as the original owners have phased out of the business. The third is a 50/50 practice. The genetics company I use has had a female in the chute 8 of the last 10 times I've had aspirations or implants done. Their lab is mostly female and all of their CSR work in now female. Their traveling road crews are still mostly male. This switch from male to female has all happened in the last 5 years. 

This might sound dumb, but the paperwork aspect isn't helping and it gets worse every year. Tell a man they have to record this, document that, and keep track of it for 5 years after a days worth of work and you'll get a different reaction than you would from a female.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)