AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid fertilizer flow question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/24/2024 06:08 (#10716879 - in reply to #10716750)
Subject: RE: Liquid fertilizer flow question

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As far as the direction of the orifices. I was under the impression that if I looked down into my disconnected orifice assemblies I should be able to read the "numbers". Just this year, I red in a spray tip book that the numbers should be "away from the flow". So that is how we put them in a new setup this year. They seem to be fine.

I think the main takeaway is whichever plan you choose, use the same plan with all of them. My orifices are mounted on each planting unit so the distance after them to the ground is the same. I suppose that theoretically the distances to them should all be exactly the same but with reasonable pressure, I don't see a problem. Mine get split with a valve for each of four sections which means the total length for any one row from the source is quite similar.

The height of the balls with your Reballs or Wilger flow columns should be the same but will vary with the product, rate etc. It is wise to consider these things prior to installation but I think you will be fine.

I'm using #41's for the ground speed and rates that you have in mind.

Edited by tedbear 4/24/2024 06:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)