AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Loosing weight....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pat H
Posted 6/25/2010 12:20 (#1250019)
Subject: Loosing weight....

The wife and I decided to loose some weight this spring/summer and so far it's going pretty well - I'm down 25 she's down 35 and still loosing - sometimes a lb/day if I skip supper (gets too late to eat - late eating was my proven weight gain program). Anyway, it feels good to be lighter (187 vs 213) and the bp is more in the 120/75 range down from 140/90 - still on meds though. However, I think loosing weight kind of messes with my 'energy level' for lack of better term. Have other folks noticed similar symptoms loosing weight this fast - somewhat tired all day and every stimulant from coffee to wine has a 4x affect.

The plan is basic portion control (loosely following weight watchers). We eat right and are not doing a protein only thing - just less food and more low calorie stuff - basics more or less - pork (got lots of it), veggies not so much bread. I think part of the equation is more exercise. My work w/piggies and fixing stuff is some exercise, but probably not concentrated enough to get my heart rate up. I just don't have time right now.

What's your experience,

Pat

Ps: When I was in my 30's I lost a bunch of weight, but I was trying date and it was driving me nuts - I really didn't notice if loosing weight was having any affect. Also, being younger I just didn't think about that stuff much. Now nearing 50, married w/5 kids I guess I think a little more about my general health - certainly better than worrying about the dating 'game'
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)