AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hawaii
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

RonSCIL
Posted 9/23/2010 17:40 (#1371361 - in reply to #1371199)
Subject: RE: Hawaii

Shelby County, Illinois
If you are going in the winter be sure to find a place on the south or west side of the island. On the big island, Kona on the southwest side will consistently be 10 degrees warmer than Hilo on the north side. On Maui, Wailea will be at least 10 degrees warmer than Hana. Kona also gets 4 inches of rain per year and Hilo gets 100+ inches a year. If you want to go to a beach this is a big difference and that same pattern holds true on each island for the January - February time of year.

Each island has great beaches and golf courses and snorkeling and fantastic food. I love seafood and we look for smaller restaurants where the special of the day is whatever the local fishermen caught that day. I agree with iseedit about staying at least 10 days. The flight over there is pretty long and I need some time to recover from the flight.

Which island you want to go to may depend on what you are interested in. I think the best Luau is at the Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu. The best boogie boarding or body surfing is Hapuna Beach on the big Island. The best place to watch whales is Kaanapali beach on Maui. The best nightlife is probably Honolulu on Oahu. The best scenery is Waimea Canyon and the Napali coast on Kaua'i. Any of the islands is a great choice.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)