AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hawaii
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 9/25/2010 21:17 (#1374136 - in reply to #1372484)
Subject: Re: Hawaii

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
I'm the brother-in-law notilltom referred to. I would suggest, as others, spend a few days on Oahu, with trip to see Pearl Harbor/U.S.S. Missouri/submarine museum next door-name escapes me now, a must see. Then get away to one outer island for the rest of your trip. Research trip by reading travel books, ask friends, get a good travel agent.

Which outer island? Everyone has their own favorites and for various reasons. Our vote goes for the Big Island. Fly into Kona Airport, rent a car, get a condo in Kona, driving around the Big Island is easy for tourists. Meterologists list 13 sub-climates of weather, and on the island of Hawaii you can experience 11 of them !!!!! Visit Waimea ranch country. Drive halfway around the island, get a great B&B for 2 days in Hilo (where it rains everyday, but you are probably used to that by now after this summer of 2010), spend a day at Volcanoes Nat'l Park.

Resorts and Hotels are great, but after three days of high priced food, no laundry facilities to speak of (can pack a whole lot less clothes this way), and getting charged what per day now just to park your car, consider a condo. With recession on you can probably get fairly decent rates. For many years we used a real estate agency/condo management firm to line up condos; last two times we used VRBO (vacation rental by owners)-deal directly with condo owners-cut out the middle man, save a few coins.

E-mail address is in profile-feel free to holler. Would be glad to pass along RE agency and B&B recommendation, or answer any other questions. Hope to see you in Kona in January. Good luck and have a safe harvest. Bruce, ISU '78.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)