AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pellet grill receipies!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

1ksfarmer
Posted 9/28/2010 08:15 (#1377000 - in reply to #1375609)
Subject: RE: pellet grill receipies!

Mayfield,KS
Had my treager for 5 years now. Absolutly LOVE it! I use Pennington oak pellets for anything I'm not smoking, 6 bucks for 50 lbs. I use a big sheet of aluminum foil on the drip tray to make it easier to keep clean, just throw foil away when it gets too bad. You haven't had bacon til you grill it, 350-375, don't need to turn it!
Pulled pork is ONE family favorite. pork shoulder or butt, rub your meat with olive oil and your favorite dry rub, mine is Head Country, maybe some extra garlic depending on your mood. Load the hopper with a big coffee can of hickory pellets then cover those pellets with oak pellets( meat won't absorb any more smoke after about 2 hours so I don't use the expensive pellets for the whole cook ). Turn grill to 350, let it heat for about 10 minutes. Put on the meat, let it heat for about 30 minutes then turn grill down to 185. I let it smoke for about 12 hours then I turn up the heat to 350 for a couple hours or til internal temp is ABOVE 180. Shut off grill and let meat cool in grill if eating time is too far away. If you are in a hurry, you will be once you taste it, let it cool 15 - 30 min in kitchen, then pull it apart and ENJOY! Out of time, I'll tell you about brisket later;-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)