AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My first root pit(s)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ScottPA
Posted 8/29/2007 22:28 (#195405 - in reply to #195376)
Subject: Re: My first root pit(s)

Jersey Shore, PA
Ed,
Thanks for the kind words. I guess I'm trying to get the most out of the crop and be the most economical in doing so. I don't think the yield will be there this year, but I can't control everything I guess.

One thing I'd like to do is be able to place some fert in a band to save some cost there and be more efficient. Just haven't figured out how I want to go about it yet. I just started w/in the last couple of years taking tissue tests and late season stalk tests. So far everything has shown up on the excessive side so I may start to cut some inputs there first and keep testing.

I'd also like to see A LOT more deep roots. I have an auto steer ready tractor and may use that to rip some fall slots and plant over them to see how that affects the root growth vs normal no till. Got to have some crops this year to pay for the auto steer first!

I've thought about those radishes, but unless I get back into some wheat rotation, it just doesnt fit.................unless I can figure out a way to get it growing into an existing corn crop...............is that possible???

Thanks again
Scott
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)