AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ground applied headline damage update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 9/4/2007 20:33 (#198355 - in reply to #198288)
Subject: Re: Ground applied headline damage update....re. label

Chebanse, IL.....

The damages we were warned about were untried "tank mixes". I believe BASF folks said they'd not tried nor were they going to tank mix every conceivable product in the world. I believe they said that was the reason for the wording of "potential damage". I believe that statement is connected w/the tank-mix portion of label. I don't think label is ambiguous on timing....it's just left open for that reason.....no impact.

I also believe that sweet corn folks apply multiple apps, starting much earlier than yellow dent corn. They don't seem to ding ears or they'd be mad, I'm sure.

A question that is coming up locally.....was glyphosate involved in the H-line app? Not accusing, just asking.

We have scouted hi & lo locally (really only a few mis from Roth guy) & found no damage. Talked to local large chem dealer today & they had 0 customer complaints on damage, though they're aware of situation to the SW of us. I'm not saying there isn't something lurking out there, I'm just saying that everyone has looked & can't seem to find it. We've also had out seed corn agronomist guys that had seen damage elsewhere & were well familiar w/spotting it. Nothing up here thus far. This is both aerial & ground apps. Maybe we'll find differently out in the middle of a 160A field. Like most other spray applications, I think you tend to put heavier rates towards the end of the rows when you're slowing to turn or before you speed up. No damage there thus far yet.

I'm suggesting there must be some other common denominator that is hiding out there. We're certainly interested in what it might be also. I'm sure BASF is also.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)