AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to Harvest Milo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 10/13/2007 03:55 (#218586 - in reply to #218253)
Subject: RE: How to Harvest Milo

Kansas
How did you mount those guards that the points are only 2 to 3 inches above the ground? I am assuming you had good rains and your milo is not short (whats still standing).

The points of the gaurds should be sticking straight out away from the sickle. You should be cutting just below the milo head and try to get as little stalk as possible. 2 to 3 inches above the ground, heck, you might as well toss em and use a flex head and pretend your cutting beans and lay it on the ground.

I also don't understand why the milo guards you bought would not fit your sickle guards. They have lil snoots on each rod that sets on the end of the sickle guard. Then most attached with wire clips but I modified mine to be attached with bolts. Later copy cat richardsons that you buy at orschelns that are a 3 tine came with a strap underneath to bolt on the platform with a sickle guard bolt.

I might be reading your post incorrectly but I am really concerned how you mounted those milo gaurds on your machine. See if I can find an old pic and post it.

(Farm II 002.jpg)

(Milo gaurds (600 x 414).jpg)

(Farm II 010.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Farm II 002.jpg (76KB - 661 downloads)
Attachments Milo gaurds (600 x 414).jpg (80KB - 670 downloads)
Attachments Farm II 010.jpg (92KB - 685 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)