AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

E85 or Diesel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 1/18/2008 10:14 (#286163 - in reply to #286124)
Subject: RE: E85 or Diesel

NE SD

Yuppers. I pulled a 7x29' enclosed trailer to Wyoming last week. Got 11mpg with my duramax averaging roughly 72-73mph on the highway and I know for a fact that a gasser won't do that. Hell the 6.0 gasser we've taken before got 10 with an open trailer and it was only an ext. cab. I didn't buy new, but bought one that was just like brand new and it didn't cost nearly as much more than a gas rig would have.

Those claiming higher oil change costs need to get their facts straight. Yes, mine takes 10 quarts of oil, but it only needs changing every 6-7,000 miles rather than the 3,000 you should change a gas rig at. Filter costs $15 rather than $7-8. Big whoopee.

No noise, hardly noticeable smell when I let it warm up in the garage, power there when you need it, average around 15mpg daily driving and 17-18 highway depending on your foot.

If you don't want one, that's fine, but you are the guy making the payments. Don't let the judgements of others make up your mind for you. Funny thing, my 50 some year old cousin who asked my why in the world I wanted a diesel when I got mine just bought a brand new one.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)