AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cutting torch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

95h
Posted 1/17/2008 18:29 (#285554 - in reply to #285512)
Subject: RE: Cutting torch

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

You guys must have some completely different type of cutting torches than what is out here.  I could take you to any farm or commerical shop with a cutting torch and everyone of them have the same style of torches even if the brands may be different.

Everyone of those torches have interchangable heads from a cutting torch head to at least 4-5 different style heads for welding, or special heating heads for bending thick or large pieces of metal http://enet.smithequipment.com/public/docs/BLCatalogue.asp?Catalog=Torches I even checked and Smith has interchangable heads from the handle. Is the handle indexed on a Smith some how that will ONLY go onto the handle one way?? (there by putting the mixing valves either on the top or bottom of the handle)  Even Victor https://www.mythermadyne.com/thc/en/US/adirect/thc?cmd=catProductDetail&showAddButton=true&productID=0384-2011&promoKey=600524  shows different tips that can be interchanged on the handle. again the mixing valves can be put in the up position or down position. I know Victor handles and tips aren't indexed as I've got one. I can turn the head to any position I want,tighten down the nut that attaches the head to the handle and cut weld with the 2 mixing valves (right where the hoses enter the handle) in any position in relation to the cutting or welding head. All the cutting torch handles I've ever seen have anti flashback valves in them (could be wrong but believe anti flashback valves are required)  Some guys like those two mixing valves up and get them tangled up in their coat/shirt sleeves and some turn the head so those two valves are facing away from their coat/shirt sleeves.

Never heard of Smith cutting torches before at least in this area. Don't think there's any dealers out here that handle smith torches.  

Either that or what is called a cutting torch out west is completely different than where you guys are.?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)