AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

leaking slurrystore!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John In Ontario
Posted 2/17/2008 21:06 (#312370 - in reply to #312182)
Subject: Re: leaking slurrystore!

Ripley, Ontario Canada
I would second Russ's comment. Call your state environment agencies 24 hour number and report that you have a potential problem. Get some paper started now, before things get worse. I would also start looking for another dealer. They are a structure designed by people, they will fail, one has to have had problems somewhere, sometime. Here are a couple of Ontario Dealers. Great Lakes Storage 2002 ltd. 519 469 9700 (1 800 265 1058) and Ontario Harvestore Systems 1800 265 8303.

You should also find a list of other pits that can take this manure if you can't spread now, get approval from the owners in writing, and make a written plan on how to move the manure. If you are going to hire someone to move it, put that in writing, with written acknowledgement that you have a potential emergency and may need them 24/7 on short notice You should also contact some custom spreaders and tell them that you have a problem. Get it in writing that they know you have a problem and that they can have so many spreaders there immediately, that means anytime 24/7 if it gets worse. Contact your insurance co. They may pay to have the tank custom emptied now, vrs paying for a cleanup later. I would also just pump the tank down until you get below the leak, don't agitate if you don't really have to, it could make things worse. You don't want to wait on this and see what happens. If something bad happens (at least here in Ont) and you had prior knowledge it could cost you $100 000's or more. You need to show you did due diligance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)