AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NH guys, what is the difference between...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RodInNS
Posted 2/18/2008 12:14 (#312832 - in reply to #312810)
Subject: Re: NH guys, what is the difference between...

NH has been looking a lot more like the old CaseIh structure since the day of the buyout. It was a matter of less than 1 year before we started to see the parts system go in the same direction that CaseIH had gone 10 years previous. There was a considerable speed up to the organized obsolence of many parts, some from tractors built into the 90's. You can't take a warehouse system from two large companies and effectively chop it in half (close half of them) ans still have the parts support. The thing is in such a state of disarray today that you can't depend on it for anythign that you need in less than 1 month. Most of the reason I'm thinking of staying with the older tractors and heavily rebuilding them is simply the commonization of parts.... and the need for ME to stock a lot of the stuff I'll need on a semi regular basis.
You would think that with their zealous drive to put what was once three major tractor lines onto one common platform that they could actually commonize the parts for the platform... but they've gone the other direction and made even MORE parts and more variants and more complication with their stupid packaging.
I'm at the point with them that I don't want a new tractor because I can't buy the features I want.
I wish they would take a base platform, allow the buyer to build the options THEY want and then put whatever fricken color paint and stickers on it that turns their crank. They might actually find that they'd get some customers.... Instead they sell 'packages' and you can't get supersteer on a red one, and you can't get much of a basic tractor with hydraulics on a blue one and so on....
So for now I'll stay with my old Ford's.
Guess I ranted enough...

Rod
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)