AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What row attachments for this planter?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

loran
Posted 2/27/2008 13:48 (#320889 - in reply to #320600)
Subject: Re: What row attachments for this planter?

West Union, IOWA FLOLO Farm 52175
Ed, I'm far from an expert but shouldn't the openers dictate if you have hairpinning? If they're sharp and running below the coulter. Iput new blades on when they start to lose the edge, not diameter.

I run a 13wave blade leading the cleaners,if you tried to run with straight cleaners or cleaners followed by coulter? you'd be plugging and unwrapping or moving alot of dirt to remedy it "here".

You want a challenge? come and plant a field that I always used to leave til last, It's a costum job and the guy has the bad habit of running net wrapped round bales through the grinder, then hauling the manure out in the field. To make matters worse, he feeds silage out of a bag 8). This year is the first I didn't have to cut out over a skidloader bucket of "stuff" out of the planter when done. I know it wasn't because he picked everything up,Because I saw plenty,but I didn't cut a single thing out of the planter this year. To me that says alot.

Like Id said before I'm coming from the "versatility" side, I can be running no-till in 1 field to full till in the next and pretty well feel my setup can be running either or in less then a 2minutes per row, depending on the situation.

As for the guys you mentioned Savage rings a bell( not the pro Wrestler I'd say?) and SimomSez and Childs are/were both about an Hour SSSe from "here" and we don't quite have the quality of dirt they got blessed with in that area, but can hold our own--loran
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)