AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

J.D. 9550 combine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fred
Posted 2/29/2008 09:30 (#322380 - in reply to #321880)
Subject: Re: J.D. 9550 combine?

south east SD
Wow red to green. No I don't do Milo, just corn and beans. You can go at a pretty good speed with the 9550 set as you are talking (6 and 25 foot heads) Yes the 9550 has better stuff in the cab, But the thing I like the best is the Contour Master that we got with our's!! Had a 9500 and it was ok. Then got a 9510 and if I was you and could find a good one that is the place to start. If money isn't tight get the 9550. With our's we bought a new corn head with CM on it and that is sweet. We had bought a new bean head a year or 2 before and had to get the electric stuff changed to the 50 style. I have a 925 F and with the CM it just floats on the ground. Just remember that all 3 combines are the same inside with the newer having better creator comforts. Our 9550 does Not have the big engine and we get along fine in 60 bushel beans and 190 corn. I did put in the Kreshner (SP) filler plates in the cylinder and that seems to help a ton in beans to take away the whom whom sound in tougher beans. Good luck on your choice. If you want to talk more hit me at the top of this form and I can set something up. Fred
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)