AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

J.D. 9550 combine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 3/1/2008 19:40 (#323405 - in reply to #321880)
Subject: Re: J.D. 9550 combine?

Leesburg, Ohio
Traded a 9410 on a 9550 and really like it. Went fron a 693 to 893 corn head. Kept the 925 bean head. Run both at 4 mph + in 50 to 60 bu beans, or 180 bu corn. Keeps the cart man humpin' in good corn. Nicer cab and controls than the older ones, but not a drastic difference there. Lots of power...don't have to slow down unloading on the go, or on hills or mud.

I would highly recommend the full-fingered auger. That's one reason we kept our 925...we just upgraded it to full-fingers the year before. Makes a big difference in capacity because of the more even feed.

Seems like the bubble auger is alot lighter-made than the older ones, tho. We just replaced the whole assembly, tube, flighting, and all after harvest this fall. The flighting was worn down to nothing, and the tube literally had holes in it big enough to run my fist thru. The 8 row corn head probably hasn't helped there. We replaced the same parts on the '00 and '10 series machines we've had, but at much higher hours than this one. I'm sure this has had more bushels/hour thru it, tho, so maybe it makes sense anyway.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)