AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is a cell phone machinery? I decided this was the best place to ask a question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 8/7/2006 21:43 (#33617 - in reply to #33608)
Subject: RE: Is a cell phone machinery? I decided this was the best place to ask a question.

West Union, Illinois

I use the other company because their service is superior where I am at.  Feels funny saying that after years of being in the black hole of two counties.  When my old phone died (the little indidcator in the back showed it had been wet, which I don't understand) I stopped by my local Cell One store up the road 25 miles and got a replacement.  Fortunately I has splurged for the insurance after my wife dropped hers in the toilet at a hospital in Indy when the grandson was born.  But that is a whole 'nother story ...

I asked about the Razer and my sales rep said based on her experience it was not as good in low signal areas as some of the other phones. 

I went with the Motorola V190.  No camera, no MP3 player, no personalized ring tones for different callers (I would like that one!), just a basic phone with text messaging, phone book, a few games, datebook, etc.

My only real gripe is one I hear from almost everyone with a Motorola V phone.  I HATE the volume buttons on the side.  Way too easy to accidentally change the volume during a call.  Dad has threatened to Super Glue his.

Here is what LetsTalk.com ( http://www.letstalk.com/reviews/reviewdtl.htm?pfId=974 ) says about the V190:

The Motorola V190 cell phone is great in all areas except for the layout of the phonebook. Signal strength is outstanding even in very marginal areas, probably due to the quad-band capabilities. If you are looking for a basic PHONE with few frills, then you could probably not do better. If you want all of the features (camera, MP3 playback, organizer, etc.) then you will be unhappy.

As for Cell One vs Verizon,  If you can hold off making a choice until the new tower is operational you might see a definite difference where you are.  Out at the farm I'm not sure, The Cell One tower is a couple miles south of Porterville VS the Verison tower E of Oblong.  In the Robinson area there should be a marked improvement once it is up and going.  I've had service with both over the years and this is the first time I can say Cell One had a striking superiority over them...where I'm at.

Now I must admit the local verison dealer's sales force is much easier to look at than the Cell One store ... maybe I better not wander off that direction. 

Edited by Mike SE IL 8/7/2006 21:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)