AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is a cell phone machinery? I decided this was the best place to ask a question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WYDave
Posted 8/8/2006 00:14 (#33677 - in reply to #33608)
Subject: RE: Is a cell phone machinery? I decided this was the best place to ask a question.

Wyoming

Got a Razor v3 last month. Used to have only Nokia phones, including Nokias with extendable antenna whips.

My impression is that the Razor is a step up from the Nokia phones. Coverage out here in the sagebrush is marginal most of the time, but my impression is that the quality and strength of reception is improved over the Nokias with the extendable ant's. Battery life does not seem to be quite as long, especially when you get into an area where your coverage reverts to analog.

The speakerphone feature is great. It is loud enough that you can put it on a table and have more than one person sit around the phone and communicate without being in each other's lap.

The voice command feature is a bit spotty, especially if there is any ambient noise (like being in a pickup, tractor, etc).

The camera feature is kinda handy, but you should not mistake the camera in these phones for even a point-n-shoot level of optics. It is more like a Minox -- small, handy, but limited in ability. Best for close-up shots. You can, with a cable and software, download the photos directly into your computer. The same cable will charge your phone from your computer's USB power, as well as allow you to capture all your phone directory entries from the phone to the computer, or to program your phone with numbers you entered into the program on your PC.

The amount of memory that comes in the Razor v3 is quite impressive.

The LCD panel is not easily read in bright sunshine, particularly if you're wearing polarized sunglasses.

I'd say that a Razor would be overkill for what you want to do -- but then again, I have to say that the reception, voice quality and ability to work on the modern cellular systems if you're roaming would make it give you good call quality. Dunno if Motorola has a "Razor Lite" version or not.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)