AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is a cell phone machinery? I decided this was the best place to ask a question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 8/8/2006 14:40 (#33828 - in reply to #33808)
Subject: 20yrs?!??!- Hell, I have shoes older than that! ................

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

We've been married over 43yrs...........(makes me shudder just to think about it being that long!)

As I recall, it was sometime after the 20th that we started becoming friends.

Your comment re the life insurance-----------   we went for 40 yrs, and the woman never paid any attention whatsoever to the finances...........when first married I tried to get her to handle the ckbk------got paid once a month then---------- she was a nervous wreck by the end of the month, worried about whether or not the cash was going to hold out until the next chk.......so I took it back.

The next plateau--- it became one of .............hey, Blondie, we're going to be a little short this month.........so she would pull back.............and then somehow--I'll never know how------she would find out the bank acct had money in it again, and Katie-bar-the-door, she would commence to single-handedly keep the economy moving.

The current plateau--------Now, however, as we have progressed into that period of time when funerals and hospital visits have become all too commonplace-------she has gotten reinterested in the finances, and has figured out that things have gotten a little more complex than she would like------------and is hell bent on keeping me alive.  (I just love it-------all I need to do while watching TV is to wait until she is walking by, and then do the Red Foxx routine of "Here it comes----it's the big one this time"--------good for a few moments of passionate attention, and then a kick at the groin when she realizes it's make believe.)

I wish you the best........keep it lively..................I liken the last 40 years to the one summer of the kid in Garth's song about the widow and the wheat fields...........the summer when he learned so much.   Man, what a ride it's been!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)