AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who has 1.5 billion in cash ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Newguy
Posted 8/16/2006 22:32 (#36411 - in reply to #36135)
Subject: RE: Who has 1.5 billion in cash ??

Renville Minnesota

"The point of the post was only that Monsanto has made a very large pool of money off a industry that is being squeezed to the point that most growers work off the farm. I think they have paid in cash over 8.5 Billion in cash acquisitions. Good for them. The products they have do work, but you have to protect the industry and customer base you serve. "

Hey thanks!

"As far as not having any **** ( I do have a registered name and map dot) - in my position it is not prudent to go around spouting negative views of Monsanto. Sometimes situations you see in your life need to be expressed, maybe this was not the forum to put it on but I respect most of the posters on this site and wanted some feedback."

That was a little harsh of me.  Will try to be more "P.C." in the future, but its hard.

"I respect most of the posters on this site and wanted some feedback. "

DITTO!

"If I recall you tend to go off on a lot of people. If that works for you great."

Shoot!   I was doing good this year, avoided many post, especially the past few months.  New years resolution was to not be such a jerk........Guess Im still working on it.

"Wish your wife a happy birthday"

She and I thank you.

As for the Monsanto issue, hey whats a guy to do?   GMO products work well on our farm, no other company decided to put the effort and research into this feild.  Many Big dogs probly look back and wish they did.........  This subject is really no different than big green machinery.   Few complain about their market share and how its led to farmers taking off farm jobs.   Just an evolution of a free market society.   It goes up, down and all around.........As time goes by, different players enjoy the game..........   Guess my bad attitude point in my origional post was to enjoy the important things in life and not let the big bad world get ya down...............Its WAY too easy to overlook the positives.

I still truly hope your having a good day.

:^)

PS:   Will try to do better in the future, sorry for the flack.  Guess I fell off the wagon.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)