AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What rights do I have?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 12/27/2015 06:07 (#4989543 - in reply to #4989307)
Subject: RE: What rights do I have?

Chebanse, IL.....

How about the guys that come around & sell YOU a photo of YOUR farm gleaned from THEIR airplane that you didn't authorize for a lot of money? That probably started in our area in the early '60s. I realize it wasn't cheap to fly all day & shoot a lot of photos, have them printed, & then attempt to sell them. If you didn't want to buy their photos of your farm, they kept them.

Was there ever a law passed that prohibited that venture? But, that was all done with an airplane/helicopter & it was & still is legal & accepted. There is no such thing as a commercial status for the airplane for doing that type of work. The pilot....maybe, unless he was the business owner, but not the airplane. Now, it would hard to legally do w/a drone. Not sure how or if they're getting commercial status for them yet. Imagine if you could pick the nice day to have your farmstead photographed with a high quality camera, have everyone standing & waving, and maybe have some of the equipment, vehicles, or animals lined up like you want it. The drone photographer could come to your place, park his vehicle elsewhere, shoot hundreds of shots from different angles with you & your family at your farmstead/home, come back to your place in a couple of minutes & have everyone view the photos on a large laptop and you pay the drone photographer & he's on his way. Maybe 30-45 minutes spent at the most.

By the way, I think we have every aerial photo of our farm that was ever offered us. Seemed terribly expensive then, but I'm glad we have them now. In later years I took the photos.

But allow me to clarify my position. If someone is doing anything to actually "harass" you, or anyone for that matter, or physically trespass on your property, then they need to be stopped, whether they're using a drone, an airplane, a hot-air balloon, a satellite, or an ATV....or by foot.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)