AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

airports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Old&Ugly
Posted 1/10/2016 09:08 (#5025009 - in reply to #5023985)
Subject: RE: airports

Lincoln, NE

Ron,

I guess I should have said "one of the last things I want to see" . Regardless, you know what I mean.

Responsibility, proficiency, and knowledge of airspace are all key. Probably need to underline "responsibility". 

JUST MAYBE - Aline this with how we all got our drivers licence the FIRST time from DMV. Pass the written exam combined with an actual driving review and get signed off, with relaxed renewals after that. However, your driving privileges do require proof-of-insurance because they can't effectively test for "responsibility". Responsibility is a lot like driving skills. 93% of drivers polled say they are better than average drivers.

Whether we like it or not, SOME bureaucracy will be involved as we have already witnessed. However, "One-At-A-Time" Section 333 exemption approvals are just too inefficient and they (FAA) know it. They get double the applications than they can act on on a daily/monthly basis.

Just guessing, but, by virtue of the massive numbers involved - it will get streamlined one way or another. Will we all like the methods, "No".
For example, as a holder of a commercial rating and thousands of hours in the air, I personally don't like it that a "fast-track" isn't established for this scenario. IMO - I argue I have already earned my 333 exemption by virtue of my fixed wing commercial rating of which cost me months of training, testing and $thousands.

We don't know how this will all shake out - but it will get streamlined, eventually. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)