AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

airports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Old&Ugly
Posted 1/12/2016 08:01 (#5029955 - in reply to #5029736)
Subject: RE: airports

Lincoln, NE
Maybe I stand alone on this, and not looking for an argument, but if you aren't doing anything wrong - you probably don't have anything to worry about. Just how I approach it. PERSONALLY. I NEVER worry about getting pinged.

Shouldn't we seek to know what's right and wrong, and why. When I started driving in my teens, my parents told me it was a privilege - and not a right. When I started flying (in the 1960's) I considered it a privilege to be in the air, and not a right. My airworthiness examiners drove it home. In both my early years of driving and flying I, unknowingly, made mistakes, because (many times) I simply didn't know why it was wrong. As we drive and fly more we start to understand what can happen, and why, and have an appreciation for it (consequences) of which we didn't have when first starting. Guess this is call EXPERIENCE.

In a previous post, Ron mentioned "proper attitude". Personally, I feel attitude, for a large part, defines who I want to drive and fly with. I know people who think they own the road and/or airspace. This usually doesn't end well. This drone business, and regulation thereof, is going to consider and sort for "attitude" in many ways, through various means.

I know beginning, head-strong, drone pilots that say "They can't tell me what to do - SCREW THEM!" and then engage in practices that are "through-the-roof" in dangerous irresponsibility. This will catch up with them.

Personally, I feel the "SCREW-THEM- Nobody-Can-Tell-Me-What-To-Do-Attitude " has no place on the road or in the air. Again, USUALLY DOESN'T END WELL.
Put a student pilot in the cockpit with a CFI - and he says "screw the regs" - and see what happens. Just my personal opinion - probably because "There are no old, bold pilots".

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)