AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Couple of DJI P3A questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 7/26/2016 22:28 (#5434370)
Subject: Couple of DJI P3A questions

Morris, IL
I'm just a getting started with a DJI P3A. Tried it out a bit today, couple questions.

1. How does the return to home work? I had it over corn field about 100' out and 50' up and when pressed it went up, turned around, came back, and landed at "home". Did it once closer and it just went straight down, lucky i was right on edge of field. Got afraid if i pressed it again i'd loose it in field so only did it in the yard from then on and it always went straight down where ever i pressed it. How does it work? Seems like an easy way to get back to ground when battery starts getting down to 1/4 or 1/3 and your a ways off in corn field.

2. I only took 3 pictures and one very short video. How do i view full screen pictures and video? Pictures i can only see in the flight list in the DJI app. The video i can only view in the editor in DJI app. Both are very small pictures, not really good picture. I was doing this late in the afternoon and sun wasn't the best. Is the noon hour with sun above me best time to view fields?

3. How far can i safely fly it from me without loosing signal? I think i have it set to return to home at about 100'. Is that what it will do when/if i loose signal? Tomorrow i plan to climb up on grain bin and see how much of a 130 acre field i can view.

Any beginner tips are welcome. Flying it was very easy. I'm kind of afraid i'll run it into something when i'm watching video. Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)