AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

liquid fertilizer vs dry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 9/23/2006 16:44 (#46083 - in reply to #46057)
Subject: Re: liquid fertilizer vs dry

Thumb of Michigan
I'm not far from Caro. After re-reading some of my previous posts, I realize I sound a bit preachy, even to the point of being a smart a##. Not my intention at all. I was involved with a small group of no-tillers at one time from Mich. and Ontario. Lots of commanality between both areas as far as challenges go. Eventually, some guys were attending from N. Ohio and Ind. I always looked forward to meeting once a year with everyone, it was always very educational. And there was a bit of fun to be had after the meetings also, believe it or not. Anyway, the fertilizer issues were addressed almost every year. Planting and fertilizing at the same time was a very common occurance between Mich and Ontario, not so much the other 2 areas. I do keep in touch with many from that group, and from what I can tell the ones who are trying to at least get some N on when planting seem happy with no-till. Some are putting more than that on when planting, some have thrown in the towel and went back to tillage. Theres lots of ways to skin the cat depending on a growers unique conditions, but I do believe that paying attention to how fertilizer gets used is a pretty important component of the equation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)