AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Never used fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 6/11/2023 22:58 (#10266786 - in reply to #10261887)
Subject: RE: Never used fertilizer

just a tish NE of central ND
OLD SCHOOL ways from those who went through the depression. You cant really blame them. It was a different time.THEY did WITHOUT a lot of things during depression years and it rubbed off on their kids too. Their thinking was different as to NEVER RISK anything to make money.My dad farmed a lot like that. he was through the depression. Never bought fertilizer ever. Worked like a dog, never got off the farm,milked cows and pitched bales and manure.. Never did own a skid loader for the livestock. He used his HAND LABOR when there were better ways but those cost money so he didnt want that when his non fertilizer returns were smaller that others were. Never spent a penny because once it was gone it was gone forever and it took a long time to generate it in the first place. His younger neighbors used fertilizer and had money to improve equipment and buildings and life quality, and grew the farms they had to larger farms, most didnt do nearly the hand labor and had time for living instead of slaving and saving. , they saw a few places in life,were involved in community stuff, got kids started in farming and educations that grew farms and businesses.
I myself wonder what is laying ahead for us in agriculture ass margins get thinner, risk gets higher and the dollar is quite weak already.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 6/11/2023 23:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)