AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help finding the right sockets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 8/18/2023 09:59 (#10364478 - in reply to #10363845)
Subject: RE: Need help finding the right sockets

Thanks to both of you for the help! I’ll just respond to both of you here.

My son and I decided we should try to make a few AOG systems and see how we like them so my son has been researching and getting most of the parts for it and I’m trying to piece together the rest that we need to finish it up. I have no experience with making circuit boards so this is all entirely new to me and it is definitely a learning curve so expect some more dumb questions. Lol

The boards we are using are the V 4.1 micro all-in-one boards. We also ordered an open centred valve from Baraki. This system is going on a 480 lexion combine. I’m planning on mounting both the steering valve and the electronics under the cab, thus I need an enclosure that is at least dust proof.

I just got a regular plastic enclosure for it though but that aluminum box sure looks nice! Do they work with the micro boards I have? If they do I should at least consider them for other pieces of equipment at the very least.

Yesterday I ordered the correct pins so they should be here soon. I’ll have to decide whether or not to solder wires on to those connectors.

As far as we can tell these all in one boards have everything we need to control the valve and we will use an Ethernet connection to a Panasonic tablet, can’t remember the name of it, that was recommended for the AOG system.

We also ordered a kit that has 2 of the regular boards and everything else required to make an RTK system. We just tried it out and got a working light at on the screen.

We also bought the radio to plug into the micro boards so that it will be RTK also. I have all of short patch cords to get those input/outputs through the box. The last known issue is this 23 pin ampseal connector.

If either of you see any issues or have better ideas by all means I’m open to suggestions. Thanks again for the help!

Edit to add: I forgot about the small circuit board to solder onto the back of the connection instead. That likely would be a very good idea and if you think I should do that I will.

Edited by havin’funfarming 8/19/2023 09:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)