AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crohn's Disease
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

WCGrad
Posted 2/18/2024 17:41 (#10629211 - in reply to #10626613)
Subject: RE: Crohn's Disease

WC Ohio
They tell me that I have it. I have taken Remecade, Stelara, Humeria, Entvio, and Rinvoq. Remicade and Entvio started to work but never did. Rinvoq seemed promising for a couple days but by the end of 30 was making it worse. So I have exhausted all the modern medicine except Skyrzi and the dr agreed it isn’t worth trying because my body flushes the biologics out very fast.

Not convinced it is the right diagnosis yet but 3 different doctors have said that is what it is. No pain just consistency, urgency, and many times a day. Antibiotics help as much as anything and no one can explain it.

They told me I would find a pattern with food and never had. This week it could be red base (tomato) foods and next week it will be fine. Sugar will be an issue next week and fine today. Dairy doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Take a quality probiotic it has done more than any doctor and they recommend them.

Add: mind over matter if I keep focused on keeping busy and on projects I do better than if I am not busy at all. I had one Dr tell me my colonoscopy was so bad that I shouldn’t be able to leave the house. Boy I proved her wrong.

Get to Mayo if he can. They are the top in the nation. I go to Cleveland Clinic which it right behind them. The amount they can do with a semi local hospital and telehealth instead of driving the 3.5 hrs every couple months is amazing.

Edited by WCGrad 2/18/2024 17:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)