AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgOpenGPS U turn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

neo_ag
Posted 3/9/2024 04:55 (#10658088 - in reply to #10657816)
Subject: RE: AgOpenGPS U turn

northeast ohio
Really cool stuff. We are going into our fifth season with NextSwath on the planter and third on pull type sprayer. Planter is a 12-30 with display controlled half width clutches and sprayer 80’ in four section with outsides being 15’. I realize individual row clutches and PWM nozzles are the ideal, but what we have is much better than previous.

If you look at curve models as they appear in your complex scenarios, there are areas where section control parameters could be factored into turn models. Generated curves and AB lines would be used to decide section control in areas of projected overlap and / or offering overlap in areas of below rate first pass such as outside boom on tight curves without potential for squaring off. I do a lot of this manually when spraying soybeans to balance out herbicide overlap areas as compared to spraying corn which would mirror your original modeled paths with tight end turns. I would sure like to have the display make the decisions or write it into a path and valve control “prescriptiom” using this “education” tool.

Yellow = spray outside boom on both headland and turn when projected or actual per pass coverage rate below 60%. Red = do not spray during headland pass because of high rate / reversing boom tip OR spray into a defined area of headland if headland sprayed last. Green = curve is allowed to overlap up to one or two sections in area with higher boom speed due to turn.

Edited by neo_ag 3/9/2024 06:13

(IMG_9873 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_9873 (full).jpeg (73KB - 17 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)