AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgOpenGPS U turn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 3/9/2024 13:40 (#10658820 - in reply to #10658088)
Subject: RE: AgOpenGPS U turn

Middlesex County, Ontario
I understand what you mean, its always better to spray when driving straight and the tighter the turn and wider the boom, the worse the effect. There's a certain art to being a good sprayer operator, and I think there will always be. The operator can always do little things to beat the machine. I don't think the software will be doing that anytime soon.

I'll walk through a few things that can be done and how the software can help. I'm going to break it into different posts just to keep the pictures organized.

#1. Manually overlap during the U turn. This is what I do, I manually overlap the outside portion of the turn and I override the rate control and bump up the manual pressure a bit. To go to manual section control you just press the section control bars to toggle them to yellow (manual on). When the overlap is complete you press the bars individually to individually toggle them back to green, or you can press the auto button on the right side of the screen to send all the sections to auto. These override functions can also be done from a toggle switch if using a machine control module.

(Manual Overlap (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Manual Overlap (full).JPG (77KB - 15 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)