AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

37 pin John Deere harness to 16 pin Raven harness
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/26/2024 10:26 (#10681009 - in reply to #10680887)
Subject: RE: 37 pin John Deere harness to 16 pin Raven harness

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
What is this going to be used on? I was assuming that this was a tractor with a pull-type implement where being able to disconnect is vital.

Ag Leader's approach for such an arrangement is to get a stub cable from them that has two branches on the tractor side with one branch connecting to the round CAN connector. It also has a connector for high current power. This cable leads out the back of the tractor to a large Amp connector that could contain 2 pairs of large pins and four small pins. The large pins provide for 2 sets of High current power and ground. The four small connectors are for the CAN connector.

The assumption is tha the liquid product module is mounted on the implement so the cable at the hitch is a mate for the one coming out of the tractor. That implement cable has branches leading to the CAN connector and high current connector at the module. Various cables lead from the module to the flow meter, control valve, section valves etc. This makes for a cleaner layout with only one connector to disconnect at the hitch.

This layout could be used in a self-propelled sprayer as well but usually there is a better way since you wouldn't have the need to disconnect.

Edited by tedbear 3/26/2024 10:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)