AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying a farm that's not for sale.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jackofall26.2
Posted 3/31/2024 12:05 (#10687829)
Subject: Buying a farm that's not for sale.

Southern Indiana
Who has done it? The back story on this is that my house is on two acres of a 40 acre square. I bought this place back in 2016 from an older couple and basically the ladies' parents lived here. They also own the 38 acres that is on the south and east side of my place and i have a road on the north and west side since its at a four way intersection. They used to live right down the road but recently sold their home and built a retirement home in Bloomington, IN near where their children live, about and hour and a half from here. With this piece, they own about 150 acres spread out around the block here that a single tenant has farmed as long as i can remember. The tenant hasn't done any tile work or any major investment, they pretty well just farm it. Due to an serious incident between the tenants mother and mine, it's probably best i don't associate with the tenant. At one point in time the old man was driving in stakes on the property lines around here because he said he had an interested buyer.. This was years ago and it fell through because the old man wanted the buyer to buy all of it and the buyer did not think they could swing it. I've often thought it would be nice to have the 38 behind the house to go with the house and it connects to none of the rest that they own around here. Once before i talked to him about adding on a little to my corner and he said when its time to sell the whole thing we can figure it out then. Am I overstepping my boundaries? Is it disrespectful to the tenant? I don't really know how to ask.. Considering writing a letter because the only time I see them is very seldomly at an event where its not appropriate to bring up such as a wedding or funeral. Thoughts? Happy Easter!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)