AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will the eclipse turn out like Y2K
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Sidneyfarmer
Posted 4/4/2024 17:07 (#10693835 - in reply to #10693810)
Subject: RE: Will the eclipse turn out like Y2K

Sheridan Mi
How many totals have you known of in your lifetime? At least close enough to home where you could go see it? Sure, somebody could show you one on TV or the internet anytime, but is that how you want to see Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon? This is something that happens in nature, it's not man made. If looking at pictures of nature is your thing, more power to you. I want to experience these things. I wouldn't care if nobody else was going to see it or gave a darned, I'd be there. I've experienced one and want to do it again.

I'll get a little personal and tell you about the last one from what I experienced. When it was partial, I was disappointed. I'd seen partials before. When that thing went total, I had a sense of wonder over seeing something new, like I hadn't felt since I was just a little kid seeing everything for the first time. The first thing I thought of was the first time I ever stood out in the yard alone, when I was about 4 years old, and watched the sun set for the first time that I ever remember watching it. When something can give me a flashback to something that early in my life in just an instant, that's pretty darned special. Sure, music, or even smells can take you back, but that memory was early and the feeling was intense.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)