AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2" trash pump troubleshooting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Lb94
Posted 4/13/2024 18:14 (#10705571)
Subject: 2" trash pump troubleshooting

West Central Illinois
I had a thread asking a few questions about pumping eater out of a shalow 18' well in a remote spot. I bought a 2" trash pump from harbor freight. Got everything setup so far so good. Starts easily and everything. Got down to the old well in the pasture and put the rigid hose down in the well about 5' and then a short 5' rigid hose on the ground on outlet. Tried putting outlet line on the ground to see if hanging it on stock tank was too much but either way didn't work.Took plastic jugs of water for priming it and then never could get it going all it would pump out is the bit of water I primed it with. Tried putting the inlet line in deeper, never could get it figured out and wouldn't run the pump longer than 15 seconds or so didn't want to burn anything up on it.

Instructions aren't great on this thing, is there something I'm missing? Plan was to pump well into 1000 gallon tank for a few days of water as not a big herd on this smaller farm. Glad I didn't wrestle that thing to get down there if it's not gonna work.

Edited by Lb94 4/13/2024 18:17

(Snapchat-1300010132 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Snapchat-1300010132 (full).jpg (585KB - 22 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)