AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opinions - EZ - 250 or EZ - 500 questions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GinNB
Posted 2/18/2008 12:28 (#312841 - in reply to #312829)
Subject: Re: Opinions - EZ - 250 or EZ - 500 questions?

Jon Hagen - 2/18/2008 13:13 I was one who thought I would never be in the market for EZ Boom, but after installing a boom switch so my EZ Guide plus indicates acres covered VS acres sprayed, I realize how much overspray I am doing on some fields We are in the prairie pot hole region of ND, and have a few fields that are nice little blocks, but far more odd shaped fields that may have a half dozen pot holes that need to be manuvered around. With a tractor and 75 ft trailer sprayer that in theory should spray 100 acres. On a nice square little block of a field, sprayed area may only show 5 acres more than area covered acres,owing to the lightbar being set for 1 ft overlap plus a few feet of overlap as you enter or leave the previously sprayed headlands. The real eye popper is spraying some of those pot hole riddled fields that require so much turning to get everything sprayed among them. On some of those, the lightbar indicates as much as 20 more acres sprayed than area covered. Considering the cost of herbicides and the crop damage in the overspray areas, makes the cost of EZ Boom look a lot more appealing. That would steer me away from the 250 or any other lightbar IF it can never run an EZ Boom.

Good point. If a fellow doesn't have EZBoom then maybe he could navigate by EZGuide and use foamerdots too so he can see where to shut off his boom sections?  Overspray and crop damage/residue is nasty.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)