AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Opinions - EZ - 250 or EZ - 500 questions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 2/18/2008 22:36 (#313366 - in reply to #313130)
Subject: Re: Opinions - EZ - 250 or EZ - 500 questions?

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
wheaties - 2/19/2008 18:22

Jon: Are you happy using the ezboom with an ezguide plus? Considering adding it to my outfit, but worried about the delay and making skips when spraying roundup. Dealer thinks I should upgrade to the 500 for the best results. I have the better receiver already, so in my opinion, I would only be gaining the larger colored screen. Real curious if you are happy with it when spraying roundup.

I do not have EZBoom, YET. I installed a boom switch last season so the EZGuide plus will record sprayed area VS covered area and draw the onscreen map of the sprayed area.

With 1 ft overlap programmed into the light bar, I have not noticed any skips spraying glyphosate or other herbicides. I had good luck last fall doing post harvest spraying where before leaving a sprayed field, I would bring up the coverage map and check for any white streaks or spots indication a skip. If I found any, it was easy to find the spot and fix it by driving so the little tractor / sprayer image on the screen lined up with the skip and then sprayed it.

I do not have a way to turn off boom sections now, so I am sure EZBoom would save a lot of herbicide when working around odd shaped fields full of pot holes.

If I did not have two EZGuide plus lightbars that meet my needs, I would be looking at 500 light bars. The big color screen, the much faster update and the ability to load information from the 500 light bar to a thumb drive would be useful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)