AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why new drone owners don't know the rules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 1/22/2016 12:59 (#5055592 - in reply to #5054903)
Subject: RE:Speaking of rules . . . commercial farming vs hobby/recreational use

Southeast Wyoming

260david437 - 1/22/2016 06:57 I am on a lot of forums and groups and read every day on what is going on with the hobby so I know all the FAA rules and suggestion. On a post below I made the comment that you can't fly ( per FAA ) after dark. Ron did not know this and wanted to know if I was sure and were I saw it. Ok that is simple I will just google it and copy and send to Ron. I new what I was looking for but it took me 30 minutes to find the rules so how is someone that just got a quad suppose to know the rules. Or maybe it is just me and someone needs to teach me how to do a search on the Internet.

A search of this forum did turn up reference to the B4UFLY app.  I still have not found anything prohibiting flight in the dark.  Please help in locating that specifically.

Further search of my links earlier turned up this

http://www.faa.gov/uas/media/model_aircraft_spec_rule.pdf 

It was interesting reading for me, especially this chart from page 11.

(I see that the copy/paste did not present it exactly as the chart was. On that page the part that says "To provide guidance, the following car examples of flights that could be conducted as hobby or recreational flights and other types of flights that would not be hobby or recreation." was the lead in to the chart. That column only says "Hobby or Recreation".)

To provide guidance, the following are examples of flights that could be conducted as hobby or recreation flights and other types of flights that would not be hobby or recreation. Hobby or Recreation

Not Hobby or Recreation

Flying a model aircraft at the local model aircraft club.

Receiving money for demonstrating aerobatics with a model aircraft.

Taking photographs with a model aircraft for personal use.

A realtor using a model aircraft to photograph a property that he is trying to sell and using the photos in the property’s real estate listing.

A person photographing a property or event and selling the photos to someone else.

Using a model aircraft to move a box from point to point without any kind of compensation.

Delivering packages to people for a fee.6

Viewing a field to determine whether crops need water when they are grown for personal enjoyment.

Determining whether crops need to be watered that are grown as part of commercial farming operation.

Edited by Gary Lyon 1/22/2016 13:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)