AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why new drone owners don't know the rules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 1/22/2016 15:34 (#5055879 - in reply to #5055832)
Subject: RE:Speaking of rules . . . commercial farming vs hobby/recreational use

Southeast Wyoming

Old&Ugly - 1/22/2016 14:03 Correct me if I'm wrong, but there ARE nothing more than "PROPOSALS" today, with actual regulations YET to be published - supposedly this summer. Some say a year from now. I'm hearing there are current FAA/Drone pilot law suits going on now. I'm also hearing some of these challenges are being thrown out when the judge asks to see the actual regulations...rather than PROPOSED regulations. If you want the bottom-line on what is LAW today I don't think you find it. But if you disagree with that, contact http://www.gowdybrothers.com/?gclid=CJXypN2nvsoCFQgGaQodlgcB2A  and ask them for chapter and verse in the law book. I provide you with this resource because they know - and you seem to be equipted to ask the for actual reg. numbers. Again, don't think they exist yet. If you find out otherwise - let me know.

Thank you.  I may contact them but probably not this week.

FWIW, my remarks were in reaction to the OP's remarks, specifically that which I have hi-lited in yellow.

260david437 - 1/22/2016 06:57 I am on a lot of forums and groups and read every day on what is going on with the hobby so I know all the FAA rules and suggestion. On a post below I made the comment that you can't fly ( per FAA ) after dark. Ron did not know this and wanted to know if I was sure and were I saw it. Ok that is simple I will just google it and copy and send to Ron. I new what I was looking for but it took me 30 minutes to find the rules so how is someone that just got a quad suppose to know the rules. Or maybe it is just me and someone needs to teach me how to do a search on the Internet.

Though in response to you, it was a general request to all for the official source of that specific information.  (Edited to add: And now on information as to whether we are commercial or hobby/recreational.)

I do not know of a published rule, that is what I have been asking since the OP seems to have it.

I do not know of the significance of the pdf I gave in response to DroneDude.

The waters seem pretty muddy right now; sloshing around in it does not help much.  I do not mean to be an old grump but I like to have links to reliable sources.  I did not mean any of this as personal attacks, I am simply frustrated with the bits and pieces of no-source-identified information.

And yes, I do realize that we are talking about a government agency and the bureaucratic mess involved.

Edited by Gary Lyon 1/22/2016 15:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)