AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why new drone owners don't know the rules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

260david437
Posted 1/22/2016 20:03 (#5056487 - in reply to #5055879)
Subject: RE:Speaking of rules . . . commercial farming vs hobby/recreational use

north east IN
Ok sorry I have been gone all day. I have read several places of no night flight but as of now there are no drone rules it is the Wild West out there. FAA can't sit down and come up with drone rules and make them legal. FAA has a list of suggestions that they would like you to follow but none of it would hold up in court until they jump through the hoops and make them legal. I would like to suggest you follow some common sense rules that FAA has posted. Don't fly over 400 feet high, stay away from other people's houses and property, stay away from people, don't fly around airports and planes have the right away. As far as the rest of FAA suggestions that is up to you I will fly los but will be using FPV, I will fly over my fields and make decisions on them, have been up after dark. I am on my own land so as long as I am not being a threat to anybody I will fly. I am a AMA member and our rc club will have a rule that you have to be registered to belong to the club so I will be registered as a pilot and put the numbers on my planes. So as far as a list of rules there are non just a list of FAA suggestions.
I guess the purpose of my first post was to say how hard it for a new pilot to know what he should be doing

Edited by 260david437 1/22/2016 20:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)